Monday, March 09, 2009

Have a nice day, moron

Finally, some bureaucrats with sensitivity.

The Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board is spending $173,000 to teach 4,000 clerks in state-run liquor stores how to be more friendly.

It’s about time. Nothing irritates me more than walking into a state-run liquor stored and getting dissed by the help.

I feel like yelling out, “Hey, pal, I pay your salary!”

According to the AP, “The board says it wants to make sure clerks are saying ‘hello,’ ‘thank you’ and ‘come again’ to customers shopping for wine and spirits.”

That’s a good start. I would also urge them NOT to say things like:

-- “The champagne is on Aisle 3, but you don’t look like you could afford it.”

-- “Look, all I know is that white wine goes with fish and red wine goes with beef. I don’t know what goes with Spam.”

-- “Yes, we have Lite Beer, but from the size of your gut, I don’t think it’s doing much good.”

-- “You want something to impress the lady? How about clothes that didn’t come from Goodwill.”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But...but...my coats and ties really do come from Goodwill!

Anonymous said...

I gots t' tell yuh that sophomores go well with a nice dry red wine, such as a merlot. I got a good recipe for grilled sophomore with habanera sauce that I got from my PawPaw in Hardin County.

Sven the Viking