Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Crime does pay

It’s happened again — a criminal who is especially annoying because of laziness or stupidity.

In the latest affront to common decency, a man robbed a bank in the South Texas town of Pharr from his car!

That’s right, my friends. This yo-yo knocked off the Lone Star National Bank from the drive-through lane!

Good Lord, is nothing sacred? Have our criminals become so lazy that they can’t even get up to get the goods?

Back in the old days, it wasn’t like this. Bank robbers walked into banks on their own two legs, stuck a Saturday Night Special into some poor teller’s face and snarled, “Gimme all your money.”

And when said transaction was completed, they walked out under their own power too! Some even broke into a brisk run after exiting the bank, especially when pursued by other men with guns.

And what kind of a pinhead teller cooperates with a robber in the drive-through lane?

Gee, whiz! Please tell me she didn’t say, “By the way, sir, we have a special gift for first-time customers. Would you like a set of steak knives or the waterproof flashlight?”

Aaarrrggghhh!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure the teller asked the robber, "Sir, do you have an account with us? (sound of gum being chewed) I need your P.I.N. number, please. (sound of gum being chewed) And could you just read me the number off a blank check? (sound of gum being chewed) I need a picture I.D. (sound of gume being chewed)"

Anonymous said...

Bankers give old-fashioned pillagers like me a bad name. With a few keystrokes they steal more than me shipmates and me ever did. And then they give themselves bonuses.

Sven the Viking

Anonymous said...

This is Step One in the training manual for AIG employees on the fast track as criminals.