Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Ringo no mo'

So Ringo doesn’t want to be bothered anymore by the people who made him rich ’n’ famous.

The former Beatles drummer posted a bizarre rant on his Web site telling fans that after Monday, he won’t give any more autographs or answer fan mail.

“It’s going to be tossed. I’m warning you with peace and love, I have too much to do. So no more fan mail. Thank you, thank you. And no objects to be signed. Nothing. Anyway, peace and love, peace and love.”

Leaving aside the inane and repetitive “peace and love” blather, this is a serious turnaround for Ringo.

When he did a guest spot on “The Simpsons” in 1991, his cartoon character was shown to be particularly sensitive to fan requests.

“They took the time to write to me, and I don’t care if it takes 20 years, I’m going to answer every one of them,” Ringo said then.

Now, as Homer Simpson might say, “D’oh!”

Whatever. A decree is a decree. I hereby vow to never again ask Ringo to scribble a little something on this or that.

(OK, technically I never did before, and no plans to do so in the future, but you know what I mean.)

Peace and love.

No comments: