Friday, August 28, 2009

Steep sheep

I hope this doesn’t sound bigoted, but if you seen one sheep, you’ve seen ’em all.

Apparently, British farmer Jimmy Douglas disagrees. He just coughed up the record price of $347,000 for a sheep he describes as the finest specimen he’s ever seen.

Jeez, Jimmy. For that money, the critter needs to predict stock prices.

I wouldn’t pay 300 grand for a sheep unless I was starving on a deserted island and it was there too. And I had a knife and fork.

For the record, this is an 8-month-old Texel ram. Even has a name befitting its lofty price — Deveronvale Perfection.

Farmer Jimmy also says it has “a great body and strong loin.”

That’s it; I’m outta here. What a man does between him and his livestock should stay on the farm.

5 comments:

Sven the Viking said...

Do goats have mohair than sheep?

Mack said...

He said sheepishly.

Galoshes WD40 said...

Did'ja hear the one about the philandering ram who tried to pull the wool over his ewes?

Massive Ferguson said...

Peter said "Feed my sheep." Reverend Qualuudus translates that as "Fleece my sheep."

Bishop Quaaludus said...

That's Reverend Doctor Brother Master Bishop QUAALUDUS to ewe...uh, you, sinner!