Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Once bitten, twice shy

Some people take things too literally. Like the instructor at the Connecticut Police Academy.

A co-worker said, “Bite me.” So he did. And now the bite-ee is not pleased.

Tsk, tsk. This is one of those unfortunate incidents that easily could have been prevented.

Basically, more people need to learn not to say certain things that are usually followed by a Major Screwup. This list includes:

“Is that thing loaded?”

“Well, slap me upside the head!”

“Do I look like an idiot?”

“Watch me scare that Rottweiler.”

“Do you think this wire is live?”

“You don’t look so tough.”

... I think you get the picture. As for the above-mentioned instructor at the Connecticut Police Academy, he’s now facing a charge of disorderly conduct, which is not exactly a career boost in law enforcement, if you know what I mean.

Hey, it could have been worse. The victim in question could have said, “Does this skirt make my butt look big?”

5 comments:

Mack said...

Take a bite out of crime, eh?

Sven the Viking said...

D.A.R.E. -- Denture Awareness and, like, stuff.

Mack said...

Do laws against cannibalism have any teeth in 'em?

Galoshes WD40 said...

Are you guys being toothful?

Massive Ferguson said...

"Here, boys, hold my dentures and watch this...!"