Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Tax triumph

The White House press office released the following statement today:

“Greetings. President Obama and his entire administration would like to state that they are extremely pleased that none of his appointees were discovered to have tax problems today.

“This achievement means that the president will not have to say he ‘absolutely’ stands behind a troubled nominee who has one foot out the door. It will not force the president to respond to those annoying questions about why he is producing business-as-usual instead of change.

“We are fully confident that another couple of days will roll by without any more of these embarrassing disclosures. Heck, if we string together a few more of these babies, we’re talking a week-long streak.

“We hope the American people will continue to support this administration and all the hard work we are doing to undo the catastrophic policies of the past eight years. … And if anyone knows a good tax attorney who can work discreetly with high-profile clients, please give us a call.

“Thank you and good day.”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I got my tv converter coupon! Yippee! I can't get treated for the skin cancer that began in Viet-Nam, and I've been told I won't receive the Social Security I paid in, but, hey, I got a tv converter coupon from a grateful government. I'm going to use it as my grave marker.

-- Mack

Anonymous said...

Yer gonna use a tv converter coupon as a grave marker? Why don't ya get the converter first as it is less likely to blow away in the hurricanes that don't happen here, only in New Orleans.

Sven the Viking