Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Fast food

I hope this new restaurant in Lumberton succeeds. But you won't see me in line at Prima Take-N-Bake Pizza.

Why? Because they don't sell pizza like other pizza joints. They sell you an uncooked pie which you have to take home, put in an oven, wait 20 minutes or so and then eat.

No thanks!

When I buy uncooked food, it's at a grocery store. If I go to a restaurant, the food had better be ready to rock 'n' roll.

When I want fish at a restaurant, I don't want the waiter to hand me a rod and reel and point to the pond out back.

When I want salad, I don't want to be directed to the garden on the side.

When I want chicken, I don't want to go into the hen house, grab one, bring it out, chop its head off, pluck the feathers, etc.

Let's restrict self-service to gas stations.

FEEDBACK: Would you patronize a restaurant like that?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dunno about pizza, but sophomores go well with habanera sauce and a nice red wine.

Anonymous said...

Is it true that people who live in Lumberton are simply Vidorians who have learned to wear shoes? This would seem to validate the idea.

Anonymous said...

Pizza is nothing more than stained bread.

-- Mack

Anonymous said...

Prima is the FRESHEST pizza you will eat, and i'm sorry that you are simply too lazy to turn on the oven for fifteen minutes, and its not self serve... you have pizza artist there for you. It's pretty pathetic that you have to slam a company just to get 3 people to recognize you... better luck next time :)