Thursday, December 18, 2008

Orderly?

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Why? Because President Bush is planning an “orderly” bankruptcy for the U.S. auto industry.

I don’t know about you, but it doesn’t seem to me that much good can come from that.

How would you like to hear your pilot say, “Ladies and gentlemen, please fasten your seat belts and return your tray tables to an upright position. ... I’m going to execute an orderly crash landing in about, oh, three minutes.”

Or your boss say, “Pat, we’re going to arrange an orderly layoff for your tomorrow. Please pack your stuff so this will go smoothly.”

Or your banker say, “Hey, we’ve got that orderly repossession planned for 9 a.m. Saturday. ... Is that a good time for you?”

I tell ya, I’m worried about Detroit.

Though not as worried as the poor S.O.B. who six months ago bought an expensive lifetime warranty on his American-made car.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've always worked, paid my bills, and followed the rules. Where's my bailout? My stimulus package?

-- Mack

Anonymous said...

Well, I tell you this: You and your newspaper spent the last almost eight years trying to promote everything the Bush administration and their merry band of creeps did. So I really don't see how you have much of reason to start griping about what they do at the end of their term. At least they aren't causing thousands of unneeded deaths from their policies toward the automakers like they did with our young American men and women who were needlessly killed in Iraq. That is on your conscience because you were so pro Republican. William Randolph Hearst would be so pround.