Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Wiccan woes

How many times has this happened to you?

You’re in the cemetery under the glow of a full moon, surrounded by candles and incense, and you want to plunge a 3-foot sword into the ground in a Wiccan good luck ritual.

But instead … you stick the damned sword in your foot!

Ouch! That’s exactly what happened to Katherine Gunther in Lebanon, Ind.

“It wasn’t the first time I performed the ritual, but it was the first time I put a sword through my foot,” she explained helpfully.

Talk about egg on your face. (And blood on your feet!)

Fortunately for Gunther, she immediately yanked out the blade and her fellow Wiccans took her to a hospital. She is being kept there for a couple of days for observation.

Ah yes, observation. That’s good … as you wouldn’t want her TO DO ANYTHING STUPID while she was recuperating.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was quite a feat / feet!

"You stick your left foot in; you stick your left foot out..."

No one toe-d her not to do that?

Is that a sword in your foot or are you happy to see me?

En pointe!

Am I being too much of a heel about my arch comments?

-- Mack