Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Rhymes with "art"

Some weird stories need no comment, like this one:

GENEVA, Switzerland — A giant inflatable dog turd by American artist Paul McCarthy blew away from an exhibition in the garden of a Swiss museum, bringing down a power line and breaking a greenhouse window before it landed again, the museum said Monday.

… Oh, heck. I’m gonna comment anyway:

1) If this isn’t the most disgusting piece of crap to ever masquerade as art, it’s real close.

2) Can you imagine a museum director dumb enough to pay this “artist” for his “creation”?

3) What are the odds the police thought it was a prank call when museum officials reported the airborne object?

4) What was the artist's name for the darned thing -- "Dog's surprise"?

5) And finally, do you think the giant inflatable thingee floated off … because it had too much gas?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This sort of give-me-money-I'm-an-artist-thing happens because people are too easily intimidated by poseurs. Much of what passes as art is nothing more than kindergarten messes or psychiatric ward therapy, and is all me, me, me. More of us should stand up and say with confidence "I DO know something about art, and this ain't it."

-- Mack