Wednesday, August 13, 2008

News flash: Brett Favre is old

Imagine for a moment that you are the general manager or head coach of the New York Jets.

You’ve just wooed and pursued Brett Favre when his plans to return to Green Bay fizzled.

You got rid of Chad Pennington, the guy who was going to be your starting QB.

You’ve invested a bunch of money and prestige in No. 4.

Then on Wednesday, just the fifth day that Favre is practicing with your team at summer camp … he has a lousy outing ... and confesses that he’s not a young man anymore.

“I felt 38 today. I’m not going to lie to you. My arm’s kind of dragging a little bit today … To be honest with you, I’m surprised … that I’ve been able to make it through every practice so far.”

Uh, gee, thanks for the scoop, Brett.

Maybe this is why athletes RETIRE when they start stumbling into middle age.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know nothing about tennis. Who is this Brett person?

-- Mack