Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Look out below

A 52-year-old man who had just been convicted of child molesting leaped off the ninth floor of a courthouse in Santa Ana, Calif., on Tuesday. And no, he didn’t survive the fall.

It seems that Carlos Tello climbed out onto a balcony with a suicide note tucked into his clothing and jumped. Or plunged, more accurately.

A bailiff actually saw him before he went over the edge and tried to pull him back. But he said, “Nobody’s stopping me,” and he was right.

Tello had just been convicted of repeatedly molesting a young girl between 1989 and 1994. He was facing more than 20 years in the pen.

I know we are not supposed to be pleased with anyone’s death, and we are all Children of God and all that.

But I have tried really hard here, and I am having a hard time feeling sorry for this creep.

I am thinking more along the lines of, "Good riddance."

No comments: